Minimising our environmental impact
- By investing in waterless printing equipment. This uses Computer to Plate technology and digital proofing, we’re no longer creating thousands of litres of waste water; we’re using fewer harmful chemicals, less energy and we use less paper during set up.
- By managing the waste we do produce: recycling carton board, plastics pallets, rags, ink tins, drums, oil and metal and taking all liquids offsite for appropriate treatment and disposal.
- By making waste minimisation and recycling part of our culture and part of our induction process for all new staff. We encourage discussion on potential problems and opportunities for improvement.
- By being ISO 14001 certified.
- By being a signatory of the National Packaging Covenant, which is an industry commitment to the sustainable design, use and recovery of packaging.
- When designing packaging for clients, working to find solutions that reduce material and energy waste in their manufacture and transport and that the consumer can re-use and/or recycle.
- By encouraging clients to use sustainably produced packaging materials. 90% of what we use is eligible for inclusion in FSC® and/or PEFC™ Chain Of Custody certification schemes. Traditional solvent based inks are being replaced with vegetable based eco inks.